As always, both members and non-members are welcome to claim prompts. We ask that you please claim only one prompt at a time; however, you may claim as many as you can do over the course of the month. If you wish, you can claim your own prompt.
Each prompt may be claimed only once.
We also invite both members and non-members to submit entries for the challenge that are not based on any of the prompts, if you have an idea that does not appear on the list of claims.
As always, gen stories and artwork of any length, size, rating, genre, and style are welcome. Members: You may post your work at any time according to the posting guidelines. Non-members: Please post your work in your own journal, then comment here or send us an email at omnio_mods @ yahoo.com with a link and we will post a link on the community.
The challenge will end June 30th and a masterlist of entries will be posted July 1st.
1. A Hit Wizard's training
2. Ollivander takes on an apprentice
3. A typical day in a Flourish & Blotts clerk's life.
4. The daily life of someone who works in a broomstick-manufacturing company on improving broomsticks.
5. The Quibbler offices, just before a deadline.
8. Employee in the Department of Magical Transportation
9. Healer having a bad day
11. The editor of Witch Weekly
12. The Werewolf Capture Unit
13. The Werewolf Registry
15. Hermione is an Unspeakable and discovers something so horrific that she feels it would be wrong to tell anyone else.
16. Bill Weasley's most difficult curse
17. Scrimgeour has an assistant who has a crush on him.
18. A day in the life of a Gringotts Curse Breaker.
20. Editor at Obscurus Books. (Publishers of Fantastic Beasts.)
21. Agony Aunt for Witch Weekly.
22. The Hobgoblins' manager.
23. Private tutor for magical children.
24. Member of the Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee.
25. A day in the life of Mafalda Hopkirk of the Improper Use of Magic Office.
26. Arthur Weasley has high hopes of his new job in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office.
28. A street vendor observes events in Knockturn Alley.
30. Filch's predecessor's reign of terror.
31. A day in the life of a member of the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad.
32. Old wizarding families' house-elves.
37. A Wizarding scientist/alchemist - an inventor of wizarding poisons and their antidotes, for example, or the inventor of Wolfsbane potion.
38. A day in the life of a dragon wrangler.
39. A translator of obscure wizarding documents.
43. Whatever the magical equivalent of a coroner would be, doing a canon autopsy (Cedric, Dumbledore...).
44. A field-training exercise for a new Auror (I'm thinking like, there are pop-up man-shaped targets or whatever), complete with non-live ammunition--however that would work, magically.
45. Working on the production line for Droobles.
46. Being the dragon-wrangler on duty the day the eggs hatch.
47. Professional Quidditch referee receiving threats from overzealous fans.
48. Nanny at the Black's, either Sirius, Regulus or Bellatrix, Narcissa, Andromeda
49. Training security trolls
51. Tasting the new flavours for Bertie Botts Beans
54. Mundungus Fletcher's legal aid
55. A meeting in Q.U.A.B.B.L.E., the "Quidditch Union for the Administration and Betterment of the British League and its Endeavors" (can't help thinking 'squabble'... <.<)
56. A case being put before the Wizengamot
57. Dumbledore's work as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards
58. Working at a magical flying carpet factory/workshop in Turkey/Afghanistan/Iran
59. Janitor at the Ministry of Magic
60. Prosecutor for the MLE, preparing for a murder case (during VoldWar 1)
61. The Quidditch journalist for the Daily Prophet covers the league championship match
62. An archivist working in the Ministry archives stumbles across a very interesting document about the young Albus Dumbledore
63. A young trainee Healer's first shift on the St. Mungo's emergency ward
66. A newly qualified teacher taking up a post at Hogwarts.
67. An individual who "cleans up" after magic seeps into the wizarding world.
68. A day in the life of Professor Binns
69. A day in the life of Celestina Warbeck
70. Conductor for the Hogwarts Express
72. The diary of Sirius's and Regulus's pre-Hogwarts tutor (or Bellatrix's, Andromeda's and Narcissa's pre-Hogwarts governess).
73. A magical barrister trying to appeal a case that's never actually come to trial--Regina (or Ministry of Magic) v. Sirius Black.
74. How the deaths of twelve Muggles and the supposed death of Peter Pettigrew would have been handled by a wizarding crime scene investigation unit--detectives, forensics, and so on.
77. An architect or construction worker working on the construction of Hogwarts or Gringott's
79. Skele-gro testers
80. First wizard/wizarding family to try an Unplottable spell
82. Teacher at a dame school (for wizarding children, pre-Hogwarts).
83. Painter of magical pictures.
85. Knight Bus driving instructor
86. Any of the textbook writers for the students' book lists.
88. MoM clerk dealing with underage magic.
89. MoM IRS accountant
90. Nurse at the 'ye olde witch' retirement home.
91. Wizarding bin men (or women, of course)
92. Potion ingredient preparer (the one who gets the eyes out of the beetles, for instance)
93. Hogwarts Appointments Committee (might as well be a job, they seem to be meeting so often at the moment)
94. Wizarding farmers (or, if they do not exist, wizards who liase with Muggles who grow food)
97. A dj/program host on the Wireless
98. Receptionist at St Mungo's
99. The band that opens for the Weird Sisters
100. Match-maker (a yenta, if you will)
101. Madam Malkin's, Gladrags, Twillfit and Tatting's robes designers, seamstresses, or shopgirls
103. Hogwarts Board of Governors meeting (preferrably set after HBP)
104. The school kitchens, after mealtimes
106. Staff meetings at St. Mungo's
107. Wizarding garbage collectors (plus points for creative use of the Evanesco spell)
108. Parchment and quill makers
109. The staff of the Magical Menagerie
110. Wizarding Tour Guide
111. A day in the Department of International Relations (preferrably set after OotP, when the Ministry officially acknowledged Voldemort's return)
112. Secretary in the lobby of St. Mungo's (esp. on a particularly stressful day)